Saturday, December 15, 2018

A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM BOBBY KEYES!


Man, time sure flies, doesn't it?? It's been nearly two years since my last blog post, and a full eight years since I first posted my retro-cartoon style rendition of Bobby Keyes, which was designed to be the cover of his Christmas album, way back in 2010. At the time, Bobby had recorded several tracks, but needed a few more to flesh out the album. A few months back, he contacted me to see if I could send him the cover art again, as he had finally completed 10 tracks and was at long last ready to release the CD. I was delighted to do so, and added some tonalities and textures to the guitar and chair, which I thought added to the piece, and also removed the Santa hat, which Bobby didn't feel was quite his style. That was easy, as I'd had the foresight to render it on a separate layer in Photoshop just in case. Bobby's son Django did the graphic design for the CD, and it's now available for your listening pleasure. And what a pleasure it is! Perfect for playing while wrapping or unwrapping presents, enjoying a fine holiday feast or just unwinding after the big day. Bobby is as brilliant a guitarist as you'll hear anywhere, and his arrangements are beautiful, intriguing, and engaging. If you think you don't need to hear another Christmas album, I invite you to think again.

And Happy Holidays to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment