Tuesday, December 30, 2014

NILES NEMO-From the archives!


I've been thinking for quite a while about setting up a gallery of the complete episodes of "Niles Nemo In Segaland," a two-page comic book feature I illustrated back in the early '90s for Sega Visions Magazine.  So, why not do it here?  I'll add more about the history of Niles Nemo, his origins, etc., as the gallery grows.  Right now, I'm starting with a special, never-before-seen image of Niles and Alex Kidd.  I rendered it as a concept drawing of the two characters before drawing the first adventure.  A smaller version of the scene appears on page one of the first Niles story, when the two characters meet.  You're seeing it here first, dudes and dudettes!

This painting is fairly large, about 22 inches wide, so given the size limitations of the blog, I'm also presenting it in two parts, so you can see the characters in greater detail.  As always, click on the images to see the larger art.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for posting these! Beautiful work! I'm a huge fan of Sega and Alex Kidd.I had a subscription to Sega visions as a kid as well. This brings back great memories. Loved these Niles Nemo pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks, S.G.! Sorry it took me so long to acknowledge your comment. I only saw it a couple of days ago. There have been some gaps in my posting, but the entire Niles saga is now up and ready to enjoy. I hope you find the posts!

    ReplyDelete